To log-in to VMs,
1. Access My Portal after logging into the service.
2. Select [System Manager] on the left pain.
3. Select the system where the VM belongs to and then click "Details" button.
4. Click "VPN Connection" button.
5. Select the network layer where the VM belongs to and then click "Connect" button.
6. SSL-VPN login will be displayed on your screen. Enter user ID and Password and click "Login" button.
7. After connecting via SSL-VPN, you can log-in to the VM via Remote Desktop or SSH.
* IP addresses of VMs are shown in the Servers List on System Manager.
Could a private IP address assigned to VMs be changed by reboot VMs, etc?
IP address/MAC address will not be changed once assigned.
How can I install software from CD-ROM?
To install software from CD-ROM, you need to transfer a CD-ROM image file via SSL-VPN Console Connection and mount the image file.
1. Create a CD-ROM image(ISO file).
2. Connect to the console and transfer the image file by SCP.
3. Log-in to the server by SSH.
4. Mount the image file.
$ sudo mount -o loop (image file) (mount directory)
5. Change directory to the directory where the image is mounted and then install software.
6. Unmount the image file.
$ sudo umount (mount directory)
1. Create a CD-ROM image(ISO file).
2. Connect to the console and login to the VM via Remote Desktop (with disk drive checked in the local resource tab).
3. After logging into the VM, copy the image file.
4. Mount the image file using Virtual CD-ROM mount software (ex. Virtual CD-ROM).
5. change directory to the directory where the image file is mounted and then install software.
I fail SSL-VPN connection. Why?
In the following case, installation or connection of SSL-VPN client could fail.
[Security software causes]
If security software (anti-virus or personal firewall) is installed,
it could cause a driver confliction and the installation or connection would fail.
In that case, you need to uninstall the security software and then reinstall it after installing SSL-VPN client.
This might fix the problem.
[Communication software provided by venders other than Microsoft is installed]
If communication software provided by venders other than Microsoft (PPPoE client or VPN client software, etc) is installed,
it could abort the installation of SSL-VPN client.
In that case, you might need to disconnect with the software and then the installation would continue.
What should I do if I cannot log-in to the service?
If you cannot log-in even though entering correct user ID and Password, please check the following points.
[If you need to log-in with certificate]
Once you log-in to the service with certificate, it is impossible to log-in with User ID & Password.
If you got following situation with above condition, you need to change login method.
- The certificate is expired.
- The certificate is missing.
Please change the login method, log-in with ID & Password, and then reissue the certificate.
[If the password is locked]
If you try log-in with wrong password 6 times, the password is locked and you cannot log-in.
Please wait 30 minutes to log-in.
In case you cannot log-in even if you wait more than 30 minutes,
please change the login method and try log-in with password.
[If you forget the password]
Please reissue the password.
When reissuing the password, new password is sent via e-mail. Please log-in with the password, and then update the password as soon as possible.
Managing User Password
How to manage user password for VM?
To manage super user (system administrator) accounts, be aware of the following;
- Do NOT use the default password which had been generated with the account.
- Change password regularly (for example: every month)
*Reuse of the same or several password(s) is strongly NOT recommended
- Do NOT use easy to guess passwords
- Use longer password as much as possible (8 letters or more is recommended)
In addition, change OS settings as following are recommended
- Use shadow password (if possible)
- Set expiry date for passwords
What is strong (secure) password?
Use 8 letters or more for your password. Do include upper and lower-case letters. numbers, and symbols randomly.
Your password should NOT include any general/popular words and information that is easily obtained about you such as;
- Your username
- Your first name and/or family name
- A word in a dictionary
- A place name
- Your organization name
- Alphabets and/or Figures with regularity
- Simple patterns on the keyboard